Becoming a Member

Discover the credit union difference

  • No fee accounts for everyone
  • Competitive interest rates
  • Great service - we personally answer your calls and know you by name
  • Convenient access wherever you are with our online & mobile banking and international debit cards
  • Personalized investments and loans
Each member must purchase membership shares of $20, making them part owners of the credit union. There are many privileges to being a shareholder of the credit union. You may vote on any of our by-law changes which are presented at the Annual General Meeting, vote for who you would like to see on the Board of Directors.  And, when we have a profitable year, we pay bonus interest on deposits and interest rebates on loans. No banks share profits with their clients, but we do!

To open your membership, you must come to the branch and bring with you 2 (two) pieces of ID. The following IDs are accepted:

  • Canadian driver’s license
  • Valid Canadian passport
  • Canadian birth certificate
  • Social Insurance Number (SIN) card (required by law for any interest earning account)
  • Old Age Security card
  • Certificate of Canadian Citizenship or Certification of Naturalization
  • Permanent Resident card
  • Citizenship and Immigration Canada form IMM 1000 or IMM 1442 (i.e. work permit, study permit…)
  • Certificate of Indian Status
OR 1 (one) piece of ID from the list above and 1 (one) piece of ID from the list below:

  • Debit card or bank card with your name and signature on it
  • Canadian credit card with your name and signature on it
  • Valid foreign passport
  • Canadian National Institute for the Blind (CNIB) client card with photo and signature
Come visit us in branch at anytime during regular business hours to open your personal account!

Business Accounts

Call 416-465-4659 or 1-866-844-3828 to schedule an appointment.

All signing officers for the business should attend. Bring with you two pieces of identification (see above).

Required Documents:

Sole Proprietor: Business Name Registration, (Master Business Licence)
Partnership: Partnership Registration (and agreement if applicable), trade name registration or master business licence.
Corporation: Articles or certificate of incorporation, most recent filing listing your directors, Trade Name Registration (if applicable)
If you are incorporated for more than 12 months, one of the following government issued documents: Certificate of Status, Corporate Profile Report, Certificate of Existence or Compliance, Corporate Annual Government Filing, a copy of the Corporations's most recent notice of assessment for inome tax, Business Number or the Corporation's most recent GST/PST remittance, Business Licence or vendor permits, health or safety certificates.
Unincorporated Associaton: Constitutional Documents and bylaws, a document that provides evidence that the individual(s) opening the account on behalf of the association have the authority to do so if no other documentation/formal registration exists, charitable registration number if registered as Not-for-Profit.

Get in Touch